This headband is darling and is so easy to make! Costs under $1 and takes less than 1 hour.
WHAT YOU NEED:
-2 Felt Sheets (cost .33 cents each at Hobby Lobby)
-Headband or Clip (I used an old exercise headband I had lying around that fit my daughters head, you can also use a hard headband or elastic.)
-Hot Glue Gun
1. Determine how large you want your flowers. I went with 4-5″ circles, but didn’t really measure, just eyeballed it. 🙂
2. Cut out your circles, one per flower. I cut out 5.
3. Spiral your circles as seen in the image and video below. Start on the outside and work your way in, be sure and leave enough space between layers as you spiral.
4. Scallop your spiraled circle. I again start on the outside and work in. Scallops don’t need to be very precise, as you can see in the image and video below, mine were all over the place.
5. Hot glue your circle, starting from the center and working your way out. Basically just roll it up, similar to how you would fold a sleeping bag, see video below.
6. Lastly glue your flowers to your headband. I placed a piece of felt between the headband and flowers as seen in the image below.
Please forgive my sub-par video skills and very poorly manicured nails. I hope this tutorial was clear! I can’t wait to make more of these. Leave any questions in the comments!